Peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti and meatballs, and burger and fries are some classic combinations – just like some good ol’ weed and brownies.
Pot brownies are the ultimate cannabis treat that lets you enjoy the therapeutic effects of weed along with the sweet, chocolatey flavor of brownies. But making perfectly delicious brownies can be a bit overwhelming, particularly if you’re not exactly a culinary expert.
To make sure your pot brownie dreams turn out exactly how you imagined, we‘ll share one of our favorite weed brownie recipes that is equal parts delicious and easy.
How to Make Cannabutter?
When making cannabis edibles, it’s better to use cannabutter to enhance the flavor as well as the benefits.
Wondering which one is the most reliable out of the several thousands of cannabutter recipes available? We’ve got you covered!
To make cannabutter, all you need is a baking tray, baking paper, cheesecloth, saucepan, and container.
28g cannabis flower (medium-fine grind)
1 liter water
- Start with preheating your oven, with the temperature at 230°F.
- Line your baking tray, and then spread the ground weed evenly.
- Place the tray in an oven for about 30 minutes. Doing this will accelerate the decarboxylation process.
- Stir the weed after 15 minutes with a spoon.
- In a saucepan, add one liter of water and bring it to a boil. Add the sticks of butter, and keep stirring until the butter melts and mixes fully with the water.
- Add the weed to this mixture, and turn down the heat to low. Leave it on a soft simmer for about 3 hours, but keep stirring regularly.
- Once you find the mixture has reached a thick, glossy texture, let it cool down.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth directly into a container.
- Place the container in the fridge until it gets firm. You can dry up the excess water later using a paper towel.
How to Make the Best Pot Brownies?
This recipe will take you about 45 minutes and has a yield of 12 servings. But trust us, it’s absolutely delicious! Let’s take a look.
To make this recipe, you’ll need an 8-inch square cake pan, medium-sized saucepan, spatula, bowls (small and large), and a wooden spoon.
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1/4 oz of cannabutter
3 3/4 oz of unsalted butter
6 oz of dark chocolate (preferably 60-70% cacao)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Start with preheating the oven to 350°F
- Take an 8-inch square cake pan and grease it with butter.
- Take a medium-sized saucepan and melt the butter in it over medium heat.
- Add the chocolate, and keep stirring the mixture until you get a smooth consistency and everything is properly combined.
- Remove pan from heat and let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Take a large bowl, and whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until you get a fluffy consistency that is light yellow in color.
- Add chocolate mixture to the large bowl and mix. Proceed by adding the flour mixture and mix again.
- After ensuring that everything is properly mixed, pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake until the edges start to pull away from the pan. It should take about 20 minutes until the top crust becomes even and shiny.
- After taking out the pan, let it cool for 25 minutes.
- Finally, cut the brownie into 12 even pieces and serve warm!
Note: You can store brownie for a month in a refrigerator, or for a week if you keep them in an airtight container at room temperature.