It’s no secret how difficult juggling intense workout routines, proper nutrition, and the hustle-bustle of our daily lives can be. Protein bars can be a great source of post-workout nutrition or a healthy munchie.
However, with increasing commercialization, brands have started adding preservatives, additives, and a whole lot of difficult-to-pronounce and not-so-safe ingredients, which is ironic since protein bars are generally considered to be a “healthy” snack.
Keeping this in mind, you should take around 15 to 20 minutes of your time to prepare your own homemade CBD protein bars. Searching for the best recipe to make this possible? We’ve got you covered.
Weed Bars Recipe: Healthy and Easy
While it’s true you can get your favorite nutritious protein bars directly from the store, making a couple of batches at home works just as well. Here’s an easy and delicious protein bar recipe:
Items You Need to Make Homemade Weed Bars
Before we get started with the recipe, take out all the necessary equipment and keep it ready on your kitchen counter. You need an 8-inch square baking pan (even rectangular pans will do), unbleached parchment paper, food processor, and a large stirring spoon or spatula.
- 250 g or 2.5 cups oats
- 54 g or 1.5 scoops of whey protein or any one of your favorite protein powders in vanilla or chocolate flavor – gluten-free where applicable.
- 40 g or 0.5 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder (you can also add more protein powder if you don’t have cocoa powder)
- 192 g or 0.75 cups of smooth natural peanut butter (almond butter or cashew butter work as well)
- 84 g or 0.25 cups of pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 2 fl oz or 0.25 cups of milk (any kind)
- 300 mg of your favorite CBD hemp oil
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped and melted (you can also use 2 tbsp of additional nut butter and 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup instead)
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped and melted, for coating (optional)
- Line your baking pan with unbleached parchment paper and set it aside.
- Take out your food processor. Add the oats and grind until it turns into flour. Proceed to add protein powder, cocoa powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, 1/4 cup milk, and melted unsweetened chocolate. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can add the ingredients directly into a large mixing bowl and mix it together using a spatula or stirring spoon.)
- Add CBD hemp oil to your food processor bowl (pan if you’re using the alternative), and process the mixture until everything is properly combined with a tacky – not sticky – consistency. You can also add some more milk if you feel it’s absolutely necessary, but only a teaspoon.
- Transfer this mixture to the baking pan and smooth the top to make an even layer. Cover this with the parchment paper and keep it in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour. If you’re using a freezer, 20 minutes should do the trick.
- Take out the bar from the pan and cut it into small, equal-sized pieces. If you want you can add melted bittersweet chocolate, or simply drizzle melted chocolate over the top layer for some extra chocolatey.
- Allow the protein bars to sit at room temperature until all the ingredients set. Once done, you can wrap the bars individually in wax paper and then store it in the refrigerator.