The CBD industry has exploded since becoming legal in many states in the U.S. through the Farm Bill, and people are looking for new and inventive ways to add CBD to their daily routines. Available in vapes, tinctures, edibles, and more, there is no shortage of ways to consume CBD. CBD is advertised to provide relief from symptoms of anxiety and depression and helps to promote healthy sleep and relaxation habits. CBD has very promising therapeutic benefits, and it’s no surprise that it’s gained traction in the culinary world as well. For many users looking to integrate CBD into their lives, CBD-infused recipes, such as CBD drinks, have become mainstream.
CBD has been shown to help reduce anxiety in humans and pets. Taking CBD as a pill, gummy, or tincture is one option, but CBD drinks and food are other options for incorporating CBD into a daily lifestyle.
CBD has been infused into a variety of beverages—many of which you may already consume. CBD beverages include everything from non-alcoholic wine, coffee, kombucha, and water. CBD beverages are a great choice for those who are health-conscious and looking to ditch drinks like soda. CBD drinks have anti-inflammatory properties and provide the health and wellness benefits of weed without the mind-altering effects of marijuana’s active component, THC. There are no psychoactive effects of CBD-infused food and beverages.
Here are some of the most popular weed drinks:
· Kombucha. Kombucha is a tea-based drink and has many beneficial probiotic qualities. When infused with CBD, kombucha can help alleviate stress and anxiety while boosting your immune system.
· Cold brew. Cold-brew is known for its kick of caffeine, but that same caffeine kick can leave some feeling anxious and jittery. CBD-infused cold brew can eliminate these negative effects and leave cold brew drinkers feeling energized without the feeling of too much caffeine.
· Cocktails. Cocktails with CBD infusions can vary greatly depending on the type of alcohol used in the cocktail. CBD can be infused with water-based alcohols such as beer and wine, and these will have a different effect than spirits infused with CBD oils. The more alcohol in a drink, the more that you will feel affected by the alcohol, and you will not notice the effects of the CBD as much. When making a CBD cocktail, pay attention to the alcohol by content volume, and drink responsibly.
· Smoothies. A smoothie filled with lots of fruit and vegetables can give your immune system a boost even without CBD. You can add a few drops of CBD oil to your smoothie for added anti-inflammatory effects.
CBD-Infused Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie Recipe
· 1 cup milk or plant-based milk alternative (soy, almond, oat, etc.)
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey, or agave
· 2 tsp peppermint extract
· 1 frozen banana
· ½ avocado
· Handful of greens such as spinach or kale
· 1 cup ice
· 1 tbsp cacao nibs
· 1 serving CBD oil
1. Add all ingredients except cacao nibs to the blender or food processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Add cacao nibs.
4. Blend for a few seconds.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!